As a member of the Community of Dubai HealthCare City, we joined its Patient’s right and responsibilities. You the patient, and/or when appropriate, family, have the following rights:
- To know by name the physician, nurse and other staff members responsible for your care.
- To talk openly with your physician about your diagnosis, the treatment prescribed for you, the prognosis of your illness and any instruction required for follow up care.
- To have your request courteously received and properly considered as quickly as circumstances permit.
- To care and treatment in a safe environment.
- To have pain managed in compassionate manner.
- To have impartial access to the medical resources of the health care facility indicated for your care without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, or handicap.
- To change your mind about any procedure for which you have given consent, to refuse treatment and to be informed of the medical consequences of this action.
- To participate in ethical discussions that arise in the course of your care including issues of conflict resolution, withholding resuscitative services, foregoing or withdrawing of life sustaining treatment and participation in investigational studies or clinical trials.
- To refuse to participate in medical training programs and research projects.
TO BE INFORMED…
- of the reason you are givin various tests and treatments and who the persons are who give them to you.
- of the general nature and inherent risk of any procedure for which you have given your consent.
- about the outcomes of care, including unanticipated outcomes.
- your physician to communicate in terminology you may reasonably expect to understand.
- through your attending physician a second opinion by another physician, to change physicians, or to change hospitals and/or facilities.
- our personal privacy to be respected to the fullest extent consistent with the care prescribed for you and applicable UAE laws.
- all communications and other records pertaining to your care to be kept confidential to the extent required by law.
As a member of the Community of Dubai HealthCare City, we joined its Patient’s right and Responsibilities. You the patient and/or when appropriate, family, in return, have the following responsibilities:
- To give cooperation and to follow the care prescribed or recommended for you by your physician, nurse, or allied health professional.
- To notify your physicians or nurse if you do not understand your diagnosis, treatment or prognosis.
- To respect the privacy of other patients.
- To accept financial obligations associated with your care.
- To be considerate of the rights of other patients and to follow institutional policies as posted.
- To provide to the health care provider, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illness, hospitalizations, medications and any other matters relating to your health.
- To keep appointments, and when you are unable to do for any reason, to notify the health care provider or health care facility.
- For your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow the health care provider’s instructions.